Saturday, May 3, 2008

Grocery Shopping!

Melissa and I have thought about time saving initiatives to use so that we use our time more effectively. For example, I have orderd diapers online rather than traveling to Babies R Us to use 53 million coupons just to get the price down to a Wal-Mart level price. Today, I saw the Peapod truck driving by. Peapod is an online grocery store that delivers . . . you guessed it . . . GROCERIES!!! Then the truck passed us and I saw the back door of the truck was swinging open. That was probably not a good thing. We may still try Peapod, but if my groceries have tire marks on them when delivered, then we will not use them again.

Last night I got home from work and took the boys for a walk with the jogging stroller. We made our usual 1 1/2 mile beer run down to Metcalfs Sentry and Pick N Save on State Street. We haven't made that trip since the fall due to the weather, but it was nice to take the boys down there for the beer run. There is a big hill to climb on the way back, and I noticed the boys are just a heck of a lot heavier than they were last fall. I remember I would buy a ton of groceries last fall and push everything back with ease, but that may not happen now since they are so much bigger. Friday was fun with them. Just like last fall, we would just cruise around the store aimlessly just to keep moving and keep the boys sleeping--eventually we would get our shopping done, but we were never ever in a rush.

I usually wear my headphones so that I don't have to talk to the populace while at the grocery store. I also wear them so I have another excuse for ramming ankles of shoppers who fail to yield the right of way to us. For example, I might say, "Oh, I am sorry, I didn't hear you preparing to stop your partially filled cart in the exact middle of the aisle so that no one can get around you on either side while you spend 13 minutes examining which disgusting wheat pasta to purchase."

We did buy my babies' momma some Starbucks Frappucinos instead of flowers at the store. Melissa thought those drinks were better than flowers. I think so too. You can't drink flowers.

No comments: