Sunday, June 7, 2009

Grandpa Gulya

Grandpa Gulya passed away Tuesday night. Three weeks ago, he fell while getting a pizza and needed surgery to repair a few broken bones. Unfortunately, he wasn't able to recover from the surgery. My grandma, dad and my aunts and uncles were able to be present with him by his side until he passed.

Grandpa was very compassionate and passionate. He always asked about us and how we were doing. Grandpa always taught us that education and reading were important to our development. He also taught us about service to our country and more importantly love for it. My Grandpa Gulya had a very soothing voice which I will never forget. As a teacher and father of seven, he probably had to raise that voice a few times, maybe at my dad, but he was always a very kind man to us.

Grandpa, Grandma, and my dad, mom, and aunts and uncles, our thoughts are with you today as you celebrate Grandpa's life and his journey to the next place.

No comments: