Monday, February 9, 2009

Keep Hailey in your Thoughts

Hailey was sick last night on the ride home from Madison. She is normally a great car rider. When we got her home around 10:00 p.m., I took her for a walk and she had some diarrhea. I gave her a bath and she slept in her kennel around 11:00 p.m. Around 1:45, she woke me up and I took her outside. When she came back in, she was bleeding from her backside. We went to the ER Vet and I stayed there with her until 5:30 a.m. They examined her, gave her some medicine and IV fluids (in an uncomfortable way) but couldn't really diagnose her without x rays and blood work, so I took her home. They noted she had an internal infection but could not examine her any further. She slept for a while when I got her home since they gave her a pain medication. They gave us three other medicines to give to her. This morning we put her out around 8:00 a.m. and she had some pretty severe bleeding. We took her to the vet this morning and she is there now and will be there until at least tomorrow. The Vet did call me to let me know the X-Rays showed no blockage or tumor or polyps, so that is good. They will keep her on pain meds and fluids so she won't be in too much pain. Keep Hailey in your thoughts. She is a good dog and we love her very much.

1 comment:

Mike the Dad said...

For some reason, there are no dates on your posts, so I am not sure when Hailey was sick, but both Mya and Phoebe had the same issue. Very scary and two trips to the emergency vet. We could have gone on a nice vacation with the amount of our vet bills, but at least the dogs are OK.