Thursday, June 21, 2007

Father's Day, and some other fun stuff

The boys continue to grow. They have good nights sleeping where we only have to get up once or thrice in between midnight and 6:00 a.m. Other nights we are up from dusk til dawn with one or both. Melissa and I are unable to trace who has vampire in their blood so if our next of kin could help out, we would appreciate it.

We spent my first father's day up at the lake. My mom, dad, and Katey came up along with Karolyn, Jason, Sonja, Carson and Great Grandpa Everett. Sue, Dan, Greg, and Laura were all there as well. The boys got me a card, a picture frame and a signed authorization from their mom to go and purchase a gas-powered weedwacker. I gave myself a present and took a nap. All my dad and Dan got were t-shirts from us. They didn't get weedwackers. It was a good day. To those of you who left emails, voicemails and comments wishing me a good day, you made it all the better.

The boys made their first of what will be many trips to Superwalmart this weekend! They did well. My dad enjoyed taking them around the store in their double snap n go, while Melissa and company focused on shopping.

Melissa's friend Jenny came into town Tuesday and Wednesday to help out. Jenny was a good sport and watched Batman Returns with me while Melissa took a nap. The boys watched 3/4s of the movie and finally went to sleep near the end. Melissa woke up about an hour afterwards and was just thrilled to have been able to sleep uninterrupted for a couple hours. Thanks for coming Jenny! We appreciated it and it was good to see you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sonja has vampire....though she only woke up twice last night.She also slept the whole morning yesterday at daycare (I paid for that!).

Must be on our side, Kyle.

Love,
Karolyn

Anonymous said...

Where is the really cute photo of the boys in the double stroller? That stroller was a show stopper for many customers at Shopko in the Rapids.
Love,
Grandma Sue